Home > Forums > Newbie (General Chat)

Getting it off my chest

Get full access to all site features Register Now!

I'm a straight guy (stop sniggering!), mature in years, a fine family to be proud of, but even with my vast experience I'm still touched by the problems of others. Reading the stories of the ignorance of others and the very real difficulties that folk here have to worklive through on a daily basis humbles me, because I've coasted through life on every level. My own brother was kicked out of our home just for being gay. He and his partner are still together more than a decade after my marriage broke up!? My current partner and I are celebrating her daughter finding happiness with her current girlfriend. So I find it astonishing and depressing that lovely folk can still feel confused, vilified, threatened and desperately unhappy simply because who they are, or how they feel. I'm nearly 60 and feel my mortality more and more, but I'm happy and VERY lively, and I'd advocate nothing less to any struggling youngsters to screw the world and be and strive for nothing, NOTHING, but your own personal happiness and contentment. Believe me, life really is too short to give a flying fuck for narrow mindedness. Put simply, just be happy!

Well spoken! the world is really messed up and people keep making a bigger mess of things with hangups and ignorance. Thanks for the post brother!